A Simple Woodsy Supper Ft. Gneiss Spice
Hey friends! A couple weeks ago we teamed up with Gneiss Spice to create a fun lifestyle video about their amazing magnetic spice rack. Our idea was to create a recipe and showcase the spice rack set up in our sprinter van.
We came up with the idea of taking our new spice rack out on an adventure and going camping with our friends.
Most of the time when we go camping, the food is always lacking. We usually end up roasting hotdogs and marshmallows! How lame.
Instead of creating a boring campfire meal, we wanted to show how easy it is to create something delicious for everyone. Impress your friends and family on your next camping trip with this simple woodsy supper.
Campfire Fish tacos with Garlic lime crema
The ingredients you'll need:
1 heads of red & green cabbage
3 filets of tilapia
1/2 mild or sweet onion
GARLIC LIME CREMA
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 of a lime squeezed
1 tbsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
*zest of a lime
1/2 head of red cabbage
1/2 head of green cabbage
2 tbsp of avocado oil
1/2 of a lemon squeezed
1 tbsp of garlic powder
1 tbsp of onion powder
Salt & Pepper to Taste
How to make the tacos:
- Place tilapia filets in foil. Add salt, pepper, onion, and garlic powder. Top with avocado oil. Fold up foil and place on top of grill or cast iron skillet. Grill for 10 minutes
- Cut red & green cabbage into small pieces and place into a mixing bowl. Add avocado oil, garlic powder, onion powder, squeezed lemon juice, salt & pepper to taste. Mix up well. Set aside.
- Grab a small mixing bowl and add sour cream, lime juice, garlic powder, lime zest, salt & pepper. Whisk until all ingredients are mixed together. Set aside.
- Once tilapia is fully cooked, set aside & leave in foil pouch to keep warm. Use a cast iron skillet to warm up corn tortillas.
- Place corn tortillas on a plate. Grab the tilapia and use a fork to shred the fish. Top corn tortilla with fish, simple slaw, garlic lime crema, salsa, cilantro & lime. *hot sauce to make it extra yummy.